Monday, November 23, 2009

shamans & soothsayers for hire

I am still in Albuquerque working on some things taking a little time
off. I spent a part of yesterday looking around Santa Fe, and a little around here. There are many ads for nativism,medicinewheels, spirit healers, native pathways and in them I read, that the various groups had statements to the effect that someone with their group had practiced and learned from native healers.

I read a passage while sitting in the Frontier restaurant this morning near UNM that by reading the message I was being blessed for reading it and would find and end to my troubles and woes. I met some people here, including Dude Perry of the new nativehealers.org and formerly of medicinemanforhire site. I was not impressed with him to say the least. He may be a good man but did not convey any spirits to me. He did not have much to say and I will leave it at that.

I would like to state publicly that I am against the
abuse of native religion, medicineman practices by charletons. Who are these people, there are many, the speak in quiet voices, sing incantations and carry their own spirit and the type of spirit it is does not carry tradition nor have any semblence to native practices. I condemn them, the propogate healings and use the guise of native americans as a means to take the innocent in and take their money. I am disgusted with it and there are many. I find no good in them, that is my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment