Monday, December 21, 2009

Color

I remember a time when I sat down and talked with someone for a long time, and one of the things said was how can you tell what a person is like by looking at them, can you see their goodness, the soul, their background, their hopes and dreams as well their struggles. No you can not and that is the trajedy of it all.

Who Am I and where am I going and who my friend are you. There have been times I would stripped the skin off my body and shown you my soul, but there have beent times I would have hidden even that from you. I would hope and pray that I would take the time to listen to you and no matter the tone of your skin that I might be able to look into your eyes and see a little of your soul.


I would hope that I can be a better person, that in my struggle to be myself, to try to set a higher standard in treating all those I find just as myself, that I can do this all the time and not just on occasion.


Excuse me, for I am lost in my own self and forget that it is not about shade of color, money or station in life, but that we get by with the help of one another. Take it easy my friend and if by chance we don't know each other, I would tell you, I am Native and welcome you to this place, it is my land, my country and though there are many sad stories to tell and injustices done, it is still a free country. I stand and I can speak and act as a man, and would hope that I can still listen to the voice of your heart and know that you too are one of the people, men just like me, and that you have families, friends, hopes and dreams and sometimes struggles as well, so I bid you a kind word and wish you well and say go in peace, find yourself and if by chance we should meet, bid me well and say, hello my brother and I will turn and nod that says, yes my friend we travel this road together... rustywire

No comments:

Post a Comment