Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sent from Minnesota

An email from Minnesota came to me, it from a Navajo who is married up there to a Swiss girl now they have 5 children and he told me this story... "...So I traveled every corner of this country as a salesman for eight years. One day I found myself standing in a church saying, "I Do." A sweet Swiss girl from Minnesota trapped me in her web. So now I am living just north of Minneapolis as a husband and a father to five beautiful children. Now this leads me to this little story I would like to share. Last month, I was driving through Minneapolis. I came to a stop light at an intersection. There I saw an Indian woman standing in the frigid cold weather panhandling. My thought was how would someone slipped to the point of begging for small change and I am sure loads of humiliation to come out on the streets with a sign. I was thinking she probably is a mom who got into a desperation situation and this is way she saw to bring happiness to her child or children. At that point, the light turned green. I quickly got two twenties out of my pocket and handed to her. Her eyes showed the emotion of unending gratefulness and she said thank you very much sir I told her to get out of the cold weather and found a shelter to get warm. She smiled and said now I can do that as she was waving the twenties Two weeks ago my wife and I were in downtown Minneapolis driving on the way to the airport. I saw the same Indian woman hurrying along the street with a little girl. They were not dressed for the cold and windy weather. I quickly told my wife about what happened at the intersection three weeks ago. We stopped and yelled at her if they needed a ride. They ran across the Street and the woman said they are going over to Burger King, which was about four blocks away. We ended up eating with them and we got to know more about her. She is from South Dakota and they came to Twin City to earn some money and get to San Francisco. Her husband got a job in sheet metal working and he dumped her and the little daughter after his second pay check. She didn't know what happened to him. She was determined to find a way to California. My wife and I talked to her that we might help them if they're willing to accept our offer. After getting pass her pride, she said she will noted be able to pay us back and she doesn't know enough words to thank us. We told her not to be foolish, so we took her and her little beautiful daughter to a Marshall Fields store where they picked jackets, hats, gloves and a pair of shoes. That evening we putted them on the plane to San Francisco. After all this I ended up missing my flight to Chicago....my wife and I laughed. There is always another time for Chicago. Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year to you and your family." sent from Minnesota I got this yesterday in my email and after asking the writer about posting it they said it was ok so long as they remain anonymous. I am thinking maybe there is still some hope for humankind out there...rustywire

No comments:

Post a Comment