Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Come My Child Walk With Me

Come My Child, Walk With Me
by Johnny Rustywire
Come my child. Walk with me.
Take my hand. Stay a while with me.
I have seen you cry. I have wiped tears from your eyes.
Stay with me just a short while.

I have traveled these crazy funny roads of life,
and still I see there is a ways to travel.
Will you walk with me, my child?
Follow me and I will show you what I know.

Look! Isn't this a pleasant place to be?
Take care! Sometimes rocks slip.
Listen to the sounds of all that is around.
Someday you won't see me but you will still hear me in the wind.

I think of days ahead when you will walk alone.
Times will come when you don't want to go on.
I will be there with you in those things.
Come my child. Walk with me.

I can see you growing. Soon you will leave.
Oh, my heart sings and cries.
You look at me with innocent eyes.
Grow old and walk these places I have known.

Look over there where an eagle flies.
Come my child. Walk with me.
Go there to the high places,
crossing valleys long and dark.

I stand with you in this place.
You will forever be my small child,
even when I see you standing tall.
I love you, my child. Come walk with me.

rustywire

No comments:

Post a Comment