Monday, January 4, 2010

sweet water

thirst
cracked earth
land dry
no wind blows
sun rays beat down
still air covers me
taste of dust
sweat and long days
sky shocking blue
has no end
clouds of dust
at my feet
legs ache
from the walk
arms like lead
flat lands
ahead

morning comes
thirst
thirst
thirst
want the taste
of cool
sweet water
quench parched lips
coolness on my brow


rain
rain
from an empty sky
to fall on my head
to run over me
a drop
two
more
sweet water
the taste of it
i want to feel


no rest
no quench of thirst
body aches
no peace
no quiet soul
desolate
of soft rain
soft winds find me


wandering feet
carry me
to distant mesas
what is there
beyond that place
who waits for me there
in the valleys
on the plains
and through mountains


moving on
walking
running
standing
wondering


how far is this place
tell me where it is
growing tired
strife
some say
follow me
follow me
they say


tell me
straight
heart
plainly
I go
so tired
so tired


come they say
come with us
we are like you
we talk
the talk
we dance
we know you
we restore you
we save you
we are you
you are nothing
without us


hollow songs
yellow eyes
broken words
crooked talk
hidden hearts
strangers
in fine feathers
chanting noise
no rainbows
heat waves
empty nights
faint stars
emptiness
thirst
hunger


come
they
say


go on
go on
pass them by


thirst
thirst
dry lips
whisper
sweet water
sweet water
where is
sweet water



rustywire

No comments:

Post a Comment