Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Daughter's Yeis

My Daughter's Yeis
by Johnny Rustywire
No coffee in the house this morning, wandered around trying to find a
can, but there was none. I got up and drove down to the store...while
driving I realized there were YEI's all around, these are Navajo
supernatural beings in the days way before ordinary men and women like
me were here. My daughter used to see them when she was small...this
morning I saw them...they were quiet giants and tall, they look like
stick figures, standing quietly watching, not moving or saying a word.

Their faces had no expression, plain and showed no emotion. In the old
days they would go about, they had certain gifts, I saw these in their
hands, they gave these to young people, two being Monster Slayer and
Child Born for Water, the Navajo Twin Heros who went about to slay
monsters, giants and big snakes who sought to destroy people. We are
because of their efforts.


Today, I could see those gifts, straight lightning, zigzag lightning
and in angry times spotted lightning, these things I saw. I did not
see any flashes just them standing there with those things in their
hands.


I have not really noticed them before, they stand quietly watching as
I go about my daily life, they see each passing dawn and sunset,
serene and peaceful.....my daughter used to say when she was small
look there they are and I would say yes that is them.


Now they are all over the world, standing still, I am sure you have
seen them......look about when you go out. They stand fifty feet tall,
their arms extended out, they crisscross all lands and they carry
these gifts of light, lightning now electric power, look closely they
are my daughters' YEI's.

rustywire

No comments:

Post a Comment